Start your weekly binge-a-thon with a golden scoop of billyness...

Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Zombie Night


I'd just finished a 9 hour shift and the guy I was seeing had just announced he wanted to end things. And to make it worse, my friend had attacked my facebook with comments about how cute me and said boy were together.

So as I sat there in disgust, deleting anything that mentioned him and I, every nerve in my body screamed for a release and then it hit me... What I needed right now was a soundtrack. One of those memorable moments out of movies where the girl gets off the bed, gets all sexy and goes out partying.


And because I feel that rules should be broken I decided to base my night-time preparations around Zombie Ghost Train's album 'Dealing the Death Card'.

Editing my facebook -> Long Dark Night
This song is both upbeat and tear-wrenching at the same time. The guitar starts off lonely and sad but by the solo has sucked you deep inside where you are surrounded by the steady march of the drums. And though the lyrics are full of the misery of waiting for love, the melody is so full of highs that you cant help but feel a little better. Maybe my life isnt completely ruined.

Sizing up my options for the night -> Monster Rock 'n Roll
What can I say its got attitude and an affectious beat that has you saying you know what, fuck him, your too goddamn awesome to be sitting at home on a Saturday night. Maybe its the classic rock riffs or the punky drums, or maybe its the fact that the lyrics are so full of themselves you sit up and listen. Either way, the phones in hand and the plans are made before the song ends. So raise your glasses high!

Getting dressed -> To The River
It starts off slow and sad, like my reaction to my limited wardrobe. But with the first few words I suddenly get inspiration. By the time I'm going down to the river I've chosen possibly the sexiest and rockiest outfit I've worn in a while. And with the build up created by the guitar solos I have the confidence to pull it off. The lyrics are sung with such manliness that you cant help but do a Joey and 'How you doing' your reflection.

Realising he still hasnt messaged despite your "I'm pissed off" facebook status -> Step into My Coffin
It's like stepping over to the darkside and being rewarded with infinate powers. Suddenly you KNOW your doing the right thing going out, just as much as you know had the Twilight vampires been as darkly hot as these, you might have actually watched the movie. So go on, "step into my coffin", I DARE YA!

Walking out the Door -> Dead End Crew
It was a close call between this and Teddy Boy Boogie for leaving but in the end the group shouting "WE'RE THE DEAD, WE'RE THE DEAD END CREW" really just won me. Its nothing special, the guitar is generic rockbilly, the drum has a simple beat going on and the lyrics are few but it gets you out the door and walking down the street before you really realise whats happening.

0 comments: